It’s when you start to play golf that you learn fastest. If you have bad golfing habits today you will learn 9 beginner tips to improve your golf game.
Pay attention to these tips to help you on your way to playing better golf.
1. Your aim is vitally important. If you can’t send the ball in the right direction you will never get it in any of the holes.
The clubface is the only thing that propels the ball, so line up the clubface with the target first, then take your stance with your shoulders parallel to the target line.
One golf tip that you can put into action and see an immediate improvement to your golf swing is to keep your head still and look straight at the ball.
The position of your head should be straight in line with your spine, and your nose should be raised up a bit so that when you start to swing, your left shoulder fits under your chin.
2. Always aim away from potential problems. Tee the ball on the side where the problem is. This will help to keep the ball in play and avoid penalties.
3. Bad wrist action equals a bad shot in 90 percent of cases. Keep the left wrist flat in relation to the back of the left forearm and the back of the left hand, and don’t swing the club back farther than shoulder turn.
4. Read the green properly. A golf ball will generally roll away from a hill and towards a water source. So, keep this in mind and adjust as necessary.
5. The grain of the green is important too as it effects the roll. Shiny grass show the grain running away from you, and dull grass highlights the grain running towards you.
Putts with the grain go faster and further. Those against the grain go slower and less far.
6. Your shoulders should follow your swing. They should be passive and not lead. Remember that your shoulder movement will determine the direction that your club, and therefore the ball, will travel.
Make a good backswing turn is one of the key tips of the 9 beginner tips to improve your golf game .
As you start your swing, shift your weight to your left foot, the forward foot of your swing. As you swing, you unwind, starting with your legs and torso, then moving on to your shoulders and arms.
7. Place the golf ball on the ground and take your stance in such a way that the shadow of your head covers the ball. Make your swing keeping your eyes on the shadow.
If the shadow moves off the ball you have lost the proper swing center. If you keep the shadow on the ball, even though it moves a little, you have maintained the correct swing position.
8. Training the muscles of your body to properly perform specific movements takes time and practice. The effort spent improving your golf swing will pay off on the course.
Through exercise and practice, you will be able to slip into the proper address position and perform an effortless, powerful golf swing and feel just as if you were sliding your hand into a warm soft glove.
9. Here’s a good tip for you when you’re practicing: Relax. Let all that tension go, take a few deep breaths before approaching the ball. Being nervous about your shot is the number one cause of a bad stroke.
For a good swing twist your body, put your weight on your forward foot, and do it.
It should be a natural motion, and you just can’t be natural with it if you’re whole body is tense.
Okay, so these are the things that you should work on to improve your golf game, but how do you actually do it? What should you look for?
While you can definitely learn from ourgolfshp.com, it often makes more sense to see the difference in what you are doing and what you should be doing, not just reading it.
For that, you should consider one of several options.
You can work on your golf game by using videos designed to help you each step of the way. The videos can be purchased throughout the web and allow you to actually see the right way to stand and swing your club.
We recommend checking out this training material Creating a Perfect, Consistent Golf Swing.
To sum it all up.
The most important lesson in golf is to just have fun. The internet is a good source for information on how to play the game.
Secondly, there are many videos available that can teach you everything from improving your swing, to putting. Check out Our Golf Shop for tips on improving your game, and for your golf equipment needs.
Most people give up on the game of golf before they really understand the dynamics of hitting that little ball. Get Creating a Perfect, Consistent Golf Swing to discover the secrets to hitting a golf ball perfectly … every time you swing!